"Pike Street is home to the Taft Museum of Art"
Pike Street runs from East 5th Street to East 3rd Street, a very short distance. One side of the street sees a couple of imposing office buildings and the stately Palladian Style Federal architecture showplace that is now the Taft Museum of Art. The Taft Museum was built as a residence around 1820. The home, known as the Baum-Longworth-Sinton-Taft House for the various residents, is a National Historic Landmark. The last residents of the home were Anna Sinton Taft and her husband, Charles Phelps Taft. Charles Phelps Taft was half brother of U.S. President William Howard Taft who accepted his nomination fort office under the portico of the Taft House. The Tafts bequeathed their home and private art collection to Cincinnati and the home was opened to the public as the Taft Museum of Art in 1932. Across the street from the Taft Museum is Lytle Park, which features seasonal flowers and an 11-foot bronze statue of Abraham Lincoln. There is a residential building on the corner of Pike and E. Fourth Street