Best Wine Bars in SF
1. Bin 38 - this is my #1 spot because they also serve food and they have a large varietal of wines, including imports and Californian. They also have an outdoor patio in the back for when the weather is nice and outdoor seating in the front.
2. Press Club - Another favorite of mine because of the concept. You get a taste of wine country in the heart of San Francisco. You can also grab a bite in the lounge. Wineries featured:
* Chateau Montelena Winery
* Miner Family Vineyards
* Fritz Winery
* Mount Eden Vineyards
* Hanna Winery & Vineyards
3. K&L Wine Merchants - they only offer tastings on Saturdays and for special events, but well worth the $20 you pay. Plus you get an education about the wine that you couldn't get anywhere else.
4. Ottimista Enoteca Cafe - features a frequently rotated wine list comprising of 35-40 wines all the time. Also serves seasonal small plates and large plates to complement the wine offering.
5. Cellar 360 - Open 7 days a week, you can try their tasting menu for usually $20. They also have a reserve tasting menu for $30. You can buy over 300 wines from all over the world as well.
6. Bacchus Wine Bar - seems like a dive bar and a hole in the wall, but they have some great wines to pour. It's a great spot to grab a glass of wine before dinner. It's not very big and definitely has that local vibe.
7. 1550 Hyde St Cafe & Wine Bar - a regionally mixed wine list that can be sometimes a little price, yet always good. They serve food also and the atmosphere is quite nice for a date or with friends. A local favorite in Russian Hill.
8. Dell’Uva - located in North Beach, this little wine bar offers a variety of wines at reasonable prices in a comfortable environment. On Sundays? Bottomless mimosas for the champagne lover.
9. Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant - this is a great place to meet up with friends, have a glass or two, maybe some cheese or a nibble before heading out. Also a great place if you don't want to go to Napa, you can taste a ton of different wines here.
10. Uva Enoteca - located in the Haight and a local favorite for it's list of Italian wines and small plates, you can't go wrong. It also provides a trendy atmosphere with it's cool chic decor.