Best Sandwich Places
1. Giordano Brothers - (North Beach, 303 Columbus Ave)
You get your deli meats between two slices of uber soft bread layered with slaw and fries and a vinaigrette. Sounds abnormal until you try it.
2. Molinari Deli - (North Beach, 373 Columbus Ave)
If you want a good Italian sandwich on a nice hard roll, you go here. It's that simple.
3. Mortys Deli - (Tenderloin, 280 Golden Gate @ Hyde)
Classic New York style sandwiches, from the fixins' to the decor. Recommended - hot roastbeef.
4. Lucca Deli - (Marina, 2120 Chestnut St)
A full service deli you can get any type of sandwich that you want here. Tiny little shop, but worth the wait. You can even order a 3 ft sub!
5. Naked Lunch - (North Beach, 504 Broadway @Kearny)
What can I say, 3 places are located in North Beach because the Italians know how to make a sandwich. Here you'll find a daily sandwich or 2 and then they have a staple sandwich with Foie Gras.
6. The Sandwich Spot (Marina, 3213 Pierce St)
This place has an overwhelming variety of sandwiches for the meat lover, the vegetarian, warm or cold. They also have all of the accompaniments like slaw, salads, chips and drinks.
7. Specialty's Cafe and Bakery -
This place has one of my favorite sandwiches and they are so delicious. Not only that, but you can get a big giant cookie to go for dessert.
8. Panera Bread (SOMA, 301 King St - also a chain)
For a chain, their sandwiches are mighty tasty. They have GREAT breakfast sandwiches. Whether you like your sandwich on bread, on a bagel or on a roll, you can have it anyway you like. Plus they have great salads too.
9. La Boulange (North Beach - 543 Columbus Ave, Hayes Valley - 500 Hayes St, and Cow Hollow -1909 Union).
Also a chain, but also solid tasty sandwiches. They are also a bakery, so you get tasty breads, soups, muffins, cookies, etc. They also offer salads.