Dumb Laws of New York
1. It is against the law to throw a ball at someone’s head for fun.
2. New Yorkers cannot dissolve a marriage for irreconcilable differences, unless they both agree to it. (Thinking of the movie What Happens In Vegas with this one since both characters where from New York.)
3. A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket.
4. While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door. (Okay, thats about the most dumb law I've read so far.)
5. Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 PM. (Does this include when your inside your home or apartment?)
6. A man can’t go outside while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
7. Ice cream may not be eaten while standing on the sidewalk. (But, Susie does it.)
8. Women may not wear high heels while in the city limits. (Good luck with that law!)
9. A law from the early 1900’s prohibits men from going topless on the Boardwalk. (Has that one been abolished, yet?)
10. Raw hamburger may not be sold.
11. If one wishes to bathe in the city limits, they must be clothed in a “suitable bathing suit”. (I found the full text of the law as well which can be read at the web address listed at the bottom of the thread.)
This information was found at http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/new-york?page=0
More can be found at this site for New York as well as other states.
Are there any other dumb laws of New York that people know of?