"Labrador Lane, Flinn Springs"
Labrador Lane is a short street that runs from Olde Highway 80 and ends a Highway 8. The Flinn Springs Country Store backed Labrador Lane. This local landmark recently changed hands and has been beautifully updated with specialty shops and offices. Historically, Bud's Firewood was on Labrador Lane, but Bud moved east around 2004. On the north side of Labrador Lane, Ethel and Hank Pratt had an "egg farm" in the 1940's and 1950's. Tom Henkel’s estate, next to the Pratt's, later became the home of Southern California Dog Magazine, a regional magazine for dog lovers, which ended up having six regional issues before its demise in 1998. This was also the site of Flinn Springs Farm, where warmblood sporthorses were bred. The farm was renowned as a location for weddings, with three ponds, a running creek and a lovely gazebo that dated back to the 1970's. The property has since sold to a developer who is facing stiff community opposition to her plans to build a 44-unit mobile home park.