The East Village Thread
1. Banjara - 6th St and 1st Ave - hands-down the best Indian restaurant in the area, if not the city.
2. Cafe Mogador - 8th St between 1st and Ave A - a fantastic, inexpensive Moroccan place with a "neighborhood" vibe.
3. Chez Jules - 8th St. between 1st and 2nd Ave - a low-key French place with live jazz.
4. Holy Basil - 9th St. and 2nd Ave - delicious Thai food - Chelsea's The Basil's less formal sister.
5. ABC Cafe - off Tompkins Square Park - a wonderful Village brunch place.