How feasible is it to use public transportation as a means of useful transportation?

I'm debating moving to either NYC or LA after I graduate (from High School). One of the biggest draws of NYC for me is the subway system. I definitely don't plan on driving. So could I use the LA public transportation system (i.e. subways, light rails, etc.) as reliably (or at least close enough to) the NYC system? I would be needing to get to and from work, as well as to and from school in addition to just getting to and from places with friends. Without having to spend a half hour waiting for the train/subway that is. And still get there in reasonable amounts of time.
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of StreetAdvisor.
1 person following
this question

0 Answers

Your answer

Best Neighborhoods to Live In

Best Cities to Live In

Tell everyone what you love about your neighborhood!

Leave a Review

Have a question?

How are schools? Is the area safe? What about public transit options?" Why not ask our community of locals!

Ask Now

Selling or Renting Your Home?

Maximize the selling price of your home by sharing what you love about your suburb to increase its appeal...

Leave a Review

Corporate Relocation Manager?

Enable your employees to share local knowledge in a private, trusted environment with those relocating... while building community.

Learn More