3.7 out of 10


38.1205559994561 -102.21807521773
Great for
  • Lack of Traffic
  • Safe & Sound
  • Clean & Green
  • Cost of Living
  • Neighborly Spirit
Not great for
  • Childcare
  • Eating Out
  • Medical Facilities
  • Nightlife
  • Parks & Recreation
Who lives here?
  • No ratings yet


2/5 rating details
  • Neighborly Spirit 4/5
  • Safe & Sound 5/5
  • Clean & Green 4/5
  • Pest Free 3/5
  • Peace & Quiet 4/5
  • Eating Out 1/5
  • Nightlife 1/5
  • Parks & Recreation 1/5
  • Shopping Options 1/5
  • Gym & Fitness 2/5
  • Internet Access 2/5
  • Lack of Traffic 5/5
  • Parking 4/5
  • Cost of Living 4/5
  • Resale or Rental Value 3/5
  • Public Transport 1/5
  • Medical Facilities 1/5
  • Childcare 1/5

"No longer a hub of activity"

Hartman, Colorado lies on the eastern edge of the state and is home to only 81 people. At one point in the 30s and 40s the population was much higher as there was a sugar beet factory here and the railroad also came through. The major industry here now is agriculture, forestry, fishing & hunting, with over 80% of the town working in it. The other 20% work in construction. The median household income here is $33,275 with the median priced home going for $23,973.

The town itself doesn't have much in it besides homes, a cemetery, and a water tower. A couple of the main streets are paved, but the side streets aren't, they are still dirt. There are some really nice big older trees here as well.

The closest big city to Harman is Lamar, which is about 1/2 an hour away. Lamar has a population of almost 8,000 so it's not huge but big enough to buy groceries and such.
  • quiet
  • some homes really run down
  • no amenities

Best Neighborhoods to Live In

Best Cities to Live In

Tell everyone what you love about your neighborhood!

Leave a Review

Have a question?

How are schools? Is the area safe? What about public transit options?" Why not ask our community of locals!

Ask Now

Selling or Renting Your Home?

Maximize the selling price of your home by sharing what you love about your suburb to increase its appeal...

Leave a Review

Corporate Relocation Manager?

Enable your employees to share local knowledge in a private, trusted environment with those relocating... while building community.

Learn More