- No ratings yet
- No ratings yet
- No ratings yet
Got a burning question? Why not ask the locals! Simply ask your question below
"Arden Hills Real Estate"
This city is known for being the location of popular schools, seminaries and other organizations like the Bethel University and Seminary, the Northwestern College, Mounds View High School and the Catholic Aid Association.
Arden Hills’s peace and order is commendable, with one violent crime rate for every 1,000 people. The Federal Bureau of Investigation has recorded 10 violent crimes in 2003, with zero statistics on murder and homicide.
The city, which belongs to the Twin Cities North area, provides a friendly atmosphere common among small towns yet it boasts of a good quality of life characterized by modern healthcare, low crime rate, quality educational system, low unemployment rate and affordable housing.
As of the 2000 census, Arden Hills was occupied only by 9,652 people who make up the 2,228 families living in 2,959 households. Arden hills’ population is slightly young with a median age of 36 years. Majority or 92.81% of the population are Whites followed by Asians (3.64%) and Hispanics or Latinos (1.36%). The rest is a mixture of African Americans, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders and other races.
Residents enjoy higher income with an average income of $64,773 for every household and an average income of $72,236 for every family. Only 3.9% of the population is classified as living below the poverty line.
Arden Hills possess a bustling business community due to its accessibility to I-694 as well I-35W. It has highly-skilled human resources that are able to meet the demands of big corporations like Land O’Lakes, Boston Scientific and Syntegra.
Arden Hills is well situated to meet the needs of business. Corporations such as Boston Scientific, Land O' Lakes, and Syntegra have made Arden Hills their home.
Most of the population or about 4,160 people use their own means of transportation like a car or a motorcycle while 428 people travel by foot. Only about 37 people use public transportation. Transportation is fairly easy in Arden Hill and it usually takes around 29 minutes to go to work via a public transportation and around 18 minutes through other means of transportation.
Arden Hills Snippets
• Lake Johanna, along which Arden Hills is located, used to be a resting place for the Sioux people during their journey for the wild-rice harvest.
• The first settler to break ground in the area was Charles Perry.
• Arden Hill experienced a rapid growth between 1970-1979 during which a total of 1,065 housing units (which is about 1/3 of the present number of housing units in the city) were built.
• Arden Hills is the location of the Twin Cities Ammunition Plant or the TCAAP. It sits on almost 2,500 acres of land (around 1/3 of the total area of the city) which was purchased by the federal government during World War II.
• A total of 1600 acres of the TCAAP has been turned over to the National Guard and Minnesota Army Reserves, 118 acres to Ramsey County and several acres for the Ramsey County Public Works Facilities, the City Hall and the State of Minnesota.
• The city government seeks to purchase the remaining land measuring 585 acres to be allocated for housing, commercial, industrial, parks and open space.