- Local Expert 164 points
- Review 1
- Questions 0
- Answers 3
- Discussions 0
- Neighborly Spirit
- Safe & Sound
- Clean & Green
- Pest Free
- Peace & Quiet
- Eating Out
- Parks & Recreation
- Shopping Options
- Gym & Fitness
- Internet Access
- Lack of Traffic
- Cost of Living
- Resale or Rental Value
- Public Transport
- Medical Facilities
"Top 10 Reasons to Buy a Home In San Francisco's Oceanview neighborhood (...and do it soon...)"
Here are my Top 10 reasons to live in Oceanview:
1 . Homes are still relatively more affordable in Oceanview than the rest of San Francisco. As of Dec 2013, average price for a home in Oceanview was only $597K versus the average $884K for SF overall.
2. Oceanview has one of the lowest crime rates in the entire city. http://www.trulia.com/crime/#!san-francisco-ca/13/37.77096,-122.42529/San_Francisco,CA/
3. One of the highest home ownership rates in the city - with 68% of homes owner-occupied: http://www.sustainablecommunitiesindex.org/city_indicators/view/81
4. Multiple public transportation options. The northeast section of Oceanview is just 3 blocks from BART (Balboa Park station). The M line runs along the east, south and west perimeters of the neighborhood. The J, K and L are just a few blocks from the north border (Lakeview Avenue). Plus multiple bus lines with the city's newest, hybrid buses bring you to Oceanview. Want to drink and eat out in the Mission? On BART, Balboa Park to 24th/Mission is a 5 minute ride! Driving time: 2 exits in 3 minutes! BART also gets you to Powell street shopping in 11 minutes, or the financial district in 12 minutes.
5. Sports and recreation: San Francisco's newest, state-of-the-art sports and recreation center is being built in the heart of Oceanview with soccer, football, baseball fields. This will complement the existing Minnie and Lovie Ward Recreation/Community Center. More info here: http://www.trulia.com/crime/#!san-francisco-ca/11/37.72607,-122.42568/San_Francisco,CA/
6. New Whole Foods, apartments and restaurants have sprouted on Ocean Avenue, just 3 short blocks from Oceaview's northern border.
7. Views: Oceanview is a series of rolling hills with panoramic views. To the east, there are bay views, to the north there are Marin Headlands views, to the south San Bruno mountain views, to the west there are ocean views all the way to the Farallon Islands on a clear day.
8. Fog (especially during drought periods) The fog rolls in just often enough to coat the ground and plants with moisture during the driest months. This is a great natural asset during the spring, summer and fall months.
9. Super easy access to Silicon Valley via 280, with a connection to 101. Oceanview gives you easy access to the highway in ~ 2-3 mins from any part of the neighborhood. Local street traffic in San Francisco is crippling and it can take 20-30 minutes just to reach the highway, from many San Francisco neighborhoods.
10. Diversity: This is a truly diverse neighborhood and you will see that diversity day in and day out.
- Families with kids