Things to do in Battery Park, NY
1. Battery Park- State Street & Battery Place, New York, NY 10079. The 25 Acre park is located at the southern tip of the island. Hope Garden, a memorial for AIDS victims and the Battery Gardens restaurant are must sees.
2. Statue of Liberty - Liberty Island, New York, NY. Pick up the ferry at Battery Park to ride out to Liberty Island. Take in the views of the statue that has become a symbol of America.
3. Museum of Jewish Heritage - 36 Battery Place, New York, NY, 10280. The museum offers a lively mix of Jewish history and modern Jewish life facts and artifacts. The museum also has a solemn memorial to the Holocaust that aims to teach and inform people about those who perished.
4. Skyscraper Museum - 39 Battery Place, New York, NY. The Skyscraper museum highlights the illustrious history of the New York Skyscraper, the look that NYC is made of. Stop in for some really cool exhibits that highlight the amazing structures.
5. The Irish Hunger Memorial - Vesey Street, New York, NY. The monument is a unique construction attempts to highlight the pain and suffering of the Irish during the Famine. It is a memorial that is worth a visit, and it will not take long at all.
6. Liberty View - 21 South End Ave, New York, NY. A fantastic Chinese restaurant tucked away in Battery Park City, Liberty View has a fantastic and authentic menu with a sophisticated atmosphere.
7. Pan Latin Café - 400 Chambers St, New York, NY. A great atmosphere and a wonderful selection of delicious Latin cuisine, not to mention a great selection of baked goods, Pan Latin Café is a popular spot in Battery Park City.