MTA Has To Stick To The Script
According to MTA, they were told not to be so personable and just stick to the script.
The paper gave some examples of what they were told to say and not say.
* Periodically say, "Thank you for riding with MTA New York Transit."
* Make announcements about delays immediately.
* As a courtesy say, "Ladies and gentlemen, the time is ..."
* Blow into the microphone
* Use "railroad talk" in announcements
* Berate riders over the PA for holding the doors open.
Also according to the article, if any conductor violates these rules, the conductor can be fined or suspended.
Talking about strict rules.