Things to do in Great Kills, Staten Island
1. Great Kills Park - Off Buffalo Street and Hylan Boulevard, Staten Island, NY. This is the place to go to during the summer. You can go for a job or bike ride through this park, or get some sun on the beach. You can also, as previously mentioned, take a boat ride into the Great Kills Harbor. The beach is quite large, so there’s plenty of space for a group of friends.
2. Marina Café - 154 Mansion Avenue, Great Kills, Staten Island. Settled on the shores of the Great Kills Harbor, this restaurant won’t let you forget where you are or what you are eating. In other words, everything is a royal blue color here! From the services’ shirts to the tablecloth, you’ve got a nice azure shade going on. Plus, you can’t beat the delicious seafood here. Nice place to go to before or after a boat ride into the Harbor.
3. Atrium Cinemas - 680 Arthur Kill Road, Great Kills, Staten Island, NY. See the latest movies here! With 12 movie theaters, a big concession stand, and seats that lean back, you’ve got the perfect place to watch your favorite actors.
4. Illusions - 3995 Amboy Road, Great Kills, Staten Island, NY. The hottest nightclub on Staten Island, this is where hip-hop artist 50 Cent did his 5 Borough Tour in 2008. Illusions includes a 15 x 25 dance floor, along with a bar just as long, and a small area with red velvet couches. Saturday’s is for grinding to hip-hop, Top 40, and older hits; Friday nights, live doo-wop acts attract an older crowd; Thursdays offer live freestyle rap. As for Sunday, you’ve got your karaoke nights.
5. Talk of the Tavern - 24 Giffords Lane, Great Kills, Staten Island, NY. This tiny sports bar draws a massive crowd for after work drinks or the latest sports games. Talk even displays some sports regalia, including a signed T-shirt from Derek Jeter. Besides being a place to cheer on your favorite teams, it also offers karaoke.
6. Arirang Hibachi Steakhouse - 3980 Amboy Road, Great Kills, Staten Island, NY. This restaurant existed long before the Japanese eatery boom Staten Island has been experiencing lately. Good food, reasonable prices, and Arirang also is a good place to go to for birthdays. Why? Because you get the staff to sing you a happy birthday!
7. KJ’s Ale House - 18 Nelson Avenue, Great Kills, Staten Island, NY. One of the oldest hangouts on Staten Island, the Ale House is known for its friendly staff and serving its Red Vixen. Nice place to go to on Saturday night, but don’t expect to find a seat.