What is Your Favorite Radio Station in NYC

What is your favorite radio station in NYC. My favorite station on the AM dial is 1010 WINS. As for the FM dial, my favorite station is WCBS 101.

What about yours? What is your favorite radio station?
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of StreetAdvisor.
7 people following
this discussion

10 Comments

uptowngirl 2yrs+
@hhusted I find that I rarely listen the the radio in NYC and when I do its most likely to be 106.7 lite fm because of all the retro music that they play.
When I was a teenybopper in the 90's, I loved Z100. I think I've grown out of it now...
uptowngirl 2yrs+
@ajadedidealist oh I used to love Z100 as well .. used to love their tag line 'coming to you from the top of the Empire State Building.'!
hhusted 2yrs+
I listened to Z100 once. But after listening to 101, I like WCBS more.
DBlack 2yrs+
WFMU 91.1
It's free-form radio and they have a website too:

wfmu.org
Uraniumfish 2yrs+
Radio in New York is terrible and I'd rather choose my own music anyway.
I never listen to the radio, @uraniumfish. With my mp3s all on my computer, I prefer to listen to what I like rather than taking risks. I don't even own a radio, come to think of it!
NeverSleeps 2yrs+
I am with you, Uraniumfish & ajadedidealist. I honestly wouldn't know where to start with radio stations here - haven't listened to one in ages, not really ever having the opportunity.
BroadwayBK 2yrs+
After my car CD changer broke, and considering the fact that I always forget to bring my MP3 player, you would think I would have an answer to this one. But, unfortunately, I haven't explored the radio much past top 40 stations like Z100... That said, I'm pretty excited about checking out 91.1 the next time I head out.
hhusted 2yrs+
It is interesting the feedback I am getting. I just wanted to add an additional note to what you all have been saying. Although I do have my favorites, I rarely have time to listen to the stations, only because my writing work keeps me busy, and plus, just as ajadedidealist said, I have an mp3 player and listen to my own type of music. This way, I don't have to listen to crap while I am waiting for what I like to come on the radio. Instead, I turn on my mp3 player and listen away.