Time Out NY Virus Warning

I am not sure if it is my computer, but I wanted to warn anyone who goes to www.timeoutny.com that there may be a possible virus there. I went there and each time I click on a different page, my virus scanner caught a virus looking code behind a banner ad that shows up at the top of the page.

Be careful. Check it out. If you do not get a warning, let me know. If you do, maybe it should be reported to Time Out NY.
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of StreetAdvisor.
3 people following
this discussion

3 Comments

uptowngirl 2yrs+
@hhusted I am not even going to try and click on the link I am paranoid about Viruses.. do report it if you think it has a virus embedded in it ..
NeverSleeps 2yrs+
I am on their website all the time, and have never gotten such a message. Are you sure it's not just a tracking cookie or something?
NeverSleeps 2yrs+
@hhusted OH! The TimeOut website is as follows: http://newyork.timeout.com/

Looks like you were going to a fake.

Best Neighborhoods to Live In

Best Cities to Live In

Tell everyone what you love about your neighborhood!

Leave a Review

Have a question?

How are schools? Is the area safe? What about public transit options?" Why not ask our community of locals!

Ask Now

Selling or Renting Your Home?

Maximize the selling price of your home by sharing what you love about your suburb to increase its appeal...

Leave a Review

Corporate Relocation Manager?

Enable your employees to share local knowledge in a private, trusted environment with those relocating... while building community.

Learn More