Making Your Own Stuffed Animal

Have you ever gotten a stuffed animal as a gift. You probably loved it. It may even be sitting on top of your computer or desk somewhere. Did you know you could make your very own. Yes, there is a place in Manhattan where you can go to a workshop and make your own stuffed animals.

Try it out sometime. Just take a trip to Build-A-Bear Workshop at 565 Fifth Ave and either watch people create their own stuffed animal, or go in and make your own. It is a lot of fun.

You can all 212-871-7080 for more info or go to www.buildabear.com.
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of StreetAdvisor.
2 people following
this discussion

3 Comments

hhusted 2yrs+
Oh, by the way, my favorite stuffed animal is a bear. What is your favorite? Anyone have any?
uptowngirl 2yrs+
I thought the Build- A-Bear workshop was just for little kids...my own young nephews have no interest whatsoever in stuffed toys in this age of ipods and iphones. I doubt if taking them for a stuffed animal workshop would give me brownie points as an aunt? Maybe if I had young nieces but even they would probably want to head to stores like the hugely popular American Girl Place which is also located on Fifth Avenue ( http://www.americangirl.com/stores/location_ny.php).
hhusted 2yrs+
I understand what you are saing uptowngirl. I did talk about American Girl Place in a post as a topic. Believe it or not, the workshop is usually crowded. So there are a number of parents bringing their kids to it each week. I went by it a few days ago and it was packed.

Best Neighborhoods to Live In

Best Cities to Live In

Tell everyone what you love about your neighborhood!

Leave a Review

Have a question?

How are schools? Is the area safe? What about public transit options?" Why not ask our community of locals!

Ask Now

Selling or Renting Your Home?

Maximize the selling price of your home by sharing what you love about your suburb to increase its appeal...

Leave a Review

Corporate Relocation Manager?

Enable your employees to share local knowledge in a private, trusted environment with those relocating... while building community.

Learn More