5.2 out of 10

• Cost of Living 3/5
  • Public Transport 3/5
  • Medical Facilities 4/5
  • Schools 3/5

"A town small enough, but large enough that no one really knows your name..."

I live near Lorenzo Manor Elementary School (I also attended it previously). It's a fairly small town, majority of your neighbors will be elderly retired people, or non-english speaking hispanics (not that that bothers me at all). I've lived in the same house for about 6 years now and have a very good relationship with my neighbors, they're all friendly people, they house sit for us when we're out of town and come over when we're BBQing. It's a quiet neighborhood.

Shopping options are low, as is the quality of stores. You'll have to travel to Pleasanton for a clean good quality mall, however Southland serves the purpose if you're just trying to quickly pick something up. Food is the same, although there are a few AMAZING neighborhood stops. Stop by Buon Appetito if you're into Italian, or the local Frodo Joe's if you want a quick coffee or crepe. Those establishments are neighborhood gems... There are several farmers market's throughout the city on Saturday mornings, so that's very convenient for the organic eaters out there.

Nightlife is dead. If you drive around this town past 2am, the streets will be empty and all you'll see the Jack In the Box drive through line going crazy (people have to have their $1 tacos...).

I actually graduated from every public school in this town. The quality is going down, but I blame budget cuts more than the educators. You can tell the public schools are trying. Chabot Community College was named one of the best Community Colleges in California, so there's always that. Chabot has also had a lot of construction done recently, so the campus is very beautiful.

Safety wise is a little hit and miss. I can't say I know anybody who's been shot, but there are certain streets I wouldn't walk around on at night, nor would I go jogging in my neighborhood after dark. During the daytime it's a cozy quiet town. Not much to see.

It's a nice place to live if you're single and just settling down, not sure if I'd recommend raising a family here, but it'd definitely a good starting place.
  • near Lake Chabot
  • great weather
  • everything within walking distance
  • no shopping
  • old, lots of things outdated
  • small

Unranked Neighborhoods in San Lorenzo

"Good Spot for Singles"
37.6697321800561 -122.111804860133
"Just Okay"
37.6711752890724 -122.146628529649

Best Neighborhoods to Live In

Best Cities to Live In

Tell everyone what you love about your neighborhood!

Leave a Review

Have a question?

How are schools? Is the area safe? What about public transit options?" Why not ask our community of locals!

Ask Now

Selling or Renting Your Home?

Maximize the selling price of your home by sharing what you love about your suburb to increase its appeal...

Leave a Review

Corporate Relocation Manager?

Enable your employees to share local knowledge in a private, trusted environment with those relocating... while building community.

Learn More