Best Places to Shop in San Francisco, CA
1. Union Square- Post and Stockton, San Francisco CA. The Times Square/Fifth Avenue of San Francisco is undoubtedly Union Square with its wonderful upscale shopping, touristy vibe, and overall exciting atmosphere. Stores include: Cartier, MaxMara, and Betsey Johnson.
2. Chestnut Street- Chestnut and Scott, San Francisco CA. Unique and high-end fashion is epitomized on Chestnut street, with classy boutiques and stores lining either side offering visitors a unique blend of classic shopping with wonderful surprises.
3. Chinatown Shopping- Bush St. and Grand Ave., San Francisco CA. San Francisco’s Chinatown is rivaled only by New York City’s, though San Francisco’s Chinatown is often considered a more eclectic blend of all the of the wonders of mainland China. Beautiful architecture is often muddled by a lot of foot traffic, but the food, the frenzy, the fabulous shopping, and the fun make it worth the trek.
4. Embarcadero Center 1-4- Sacramento to Clay, San Francisco CA. Embaracedo is a popular shopping center in San Francisco with a nice blend of stores and shops, as well as delicious eateries.
5. Fillmore Street- Fillmore and California, San Francisco CA. Filmore Street is a upscale shopping enclave located in San Francisco, mixing a wonderful collection of high end shops with an old time beauty and charm all its own.
6. Haight Street- Haight and Ashbury, San Francisco CA. Haight street is a wonderful place for those itching for a trip back into the days when tie-dye and John Lennon were the hip thing. Stores here focus on a hippie lifestyle, with plenty of incense shops as well as multi-colored clothing and hand-made crafts being sold. Haight Street truly is a blast... into the past.
7. Hayes Valley- Hayes and Gough, San Francisco CA. A chic and happening center of San Francisco, Hayes Valley is a wonderful place to find wonderful vintage clothing as well as local artwork.
8. North Beach- Grant and Columbus, San Francisco CA. The Little Italy of San Francisco, North Beach is more expansive than its east coast rival, not only boasting Italian food, but also authentic Italian clothing and fashion boutiques.
9. Mission Street- Valencia St. and 16th St., San Francisco CA
Funky and eclectic shopping make Mission Street a fun and joyous place to visit in San Francisco.
10. Polk Street- Polk St. and Broadway, San Francisco CA.
Polk Street is one of the only shopping centers in San Francisco focused on the fashionable yet money conscious shopper. With outlets, resale stores, and other discount centers, Polk Street is the place to get fashions at a fair price.